A fertility journey can often feel overwhelming and stressful. Taking the time to meet with a counsellor, alone or with a partner if you are in a relationship, can provide you with the support and tools you need to create emotional wellbeing during this time.
In counselling, we may discuss:
- Individual and relationship concerns and reactions
- Expectations about treatment
- Life stressors and supports to draw on
- Areas of emotional vulnerability
- Coping strategies
- Ongoing education and support throughout your treatment
TRIO recommends connecting with one of the following counsellors who have experience working with fertility patients. For IVF patients at TRIO it is mandatory to see a counsellor before treatment.
Online Support Groups
One in six Canadians faces infertility. Yet, we hear over and over that people feel that they face this journey alone. TRIO wants you to know that you are not alone. We offer a variety of online support groups where TRIO patients can connect with each other and participate in discussions lead by a TRIO counsellor.