Online Fertility Groups for TRIO PatientsAs you are going through your fertility journey, it’s so important to take care of your emotional well-being. That’s why TRIO has created many free-of-charge online Facebook fertility support groups. In addition to the online comments and questions that can be posted 24/7, the groups offer live video chats several times a week.
Benefits of Joining a Fertility Support GroupThe purpose of TRIO’s support groups is to:
- Offer a space to share your journey and listen to others’ experiences.
- Provide emotional support in order to decrease the sense of isolation.
- Bring together people with different backgrounds, treating doctors, and treatment methods. Hearing a variety of stories will likely introduce you to information that’s new to you.
- Learn more about infertility and the treatments.
- Engage with others who know the ups and downs of balancing treatments, and who can give support and suggestions.
- Help others. Everyone in a support group has a unique story to share. You may find that sharing your own experience helps someone else, and that simple act can often lift your spirits.
Find a Fertility Support Group
TRIO currently has a range of support groups which are safe and respectful spaces that welcome all patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join a support group at TRIO?
You are welcome to join as many groups as you like. To join please send us a message through Facebook or Instagram with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your TRIO doctor's name
- The group(s) you would like to join
Are TRIO support groups private?
Yes. Our groups are set to 'Secret', which is the highest privacy setting on Facebook. A 'Secret' group is hidden from searches, members are added by invitation only, and non-members cannot see who is in the group. Please note that the group is not anonymous, and other members of the group will be able to see your profile.
Are the groups for TRIO patients only?
Yes. Our online support groups are for TRIO patients only. That said, you do not need to be a TRIO patient to work one-on-one with our recommended fertility counsellors.
Who moderates the support groups?
TRIO's support groups are moderated by our professional fertility counsellors: Reina Zatylny, MSW, RSW, and Dara Roth Edney, MSW. RSW. At any time patients are encouraged to post in the group for additional support and encouragement. To learn more about our moderators, view their bios on our fertility counselling page.
Why should I join a support group?
We are deeply committed at TRIO to providing excellence in our emotional support to our patients. We recognize the considerable challenges involved in experiencing infertility and the toll that it takes on peoples' hearts and minds. Our support groups can help patients throughout their fertility journey to cope with and adjust to the challenges in that journey.
Is there a fee to join support groups?
No! Support groups are free of charge.