Emotional Support for Your Fertility Journey
Fertility treatment can often feel overwhelming, isolating, and stressful. Meeting with a trained therapist can provide patients with the support and tools they need for emotional well-being.
At TRIO, we work with a team of registered social workers, clinical psychologists, and registered psychotherapists who specialize in fertility counselling.
Who Benefits From Fertility CounsellingResearch shows that patients who have counselling during treatment have a much better experience. Fertility counselling can be helpful to any aspiring parent who is struggling with fertility challenges. If you are undergoing certain treatments, such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), it is a prerequisite to help prepare you for the upcoming process. A fertility counsellor can help you:
- Address individual and relationship concerns
- Manage expectations about fertility treatment
- Process emotions, thoughts, and feelings
- Identify life stressors and support
- Discuss areas of emotional vulnerability
- Learn coping tools and strategies
- Mentally prepare for procedures
- Receive ongoing education and support